Re: [DML] THE engine

In a message dated 7/30/02 4:45:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
vegascop1@xxxx writes:

> I am writing because I would like to receive some feedback.
> I just purchased an 81 D and I love the car. After reading almost all
> the tech's, specs, and everything else I came to the conclusion that
> Delorean car can NOT stay in the past! I am going to push my D into
> the future! How you ask? I am sick and tired of those little things
> ie. I cant make a 3 point turning movement, cold start problems, hot
> start problems, dash lights dont work, radio sucks...geeezes! The
> technology in the early 80's wasnt as good as today, we all agree on
> that. The D was the marvel of its time, I think we all agree on that
> also, but we have moved! I will bring my car up to date with this
> awesome technology. First is first. The Delorean needs a power plant
> that can show the world that it can keep up if not beat cars of its
> class like the Corvette or the Porshe. I am putting the all aluminum
> 32 valve Northstar engine that produces 300hp stock and weighing only
> 50lbs more (give or take few lbs).
> With the 2700lb weight of the Delorean and 300hp engine I will expect
> nothing less than at least 0-60 in 6 second flat, if not less! Next
> the power steering has to be installed (sorry), need to think "high
> speed, low drag", you dont see Ferrari without a power steering do
> you? . ABS breaks is a must also. The dashboard lacks tons of
> updates. The physical appearence will be redone up to the Lamborghini
> looks (so beautiful) I am planning on installing the digital cluster
> out of the 89 Corvette. Now thats what will make the car! I am
> thinking about basically updating the D with Corvette's parts. My car
> wont die in a museum somewhere but it will live and prosper with all
> the other big boys on the streets. Whoever wants my engine let me
> know, Im sure its still good and outdated, only 67K miles.
> Thnx for reading and I didnt mean to offend anyone, but I think
> someone had to say it.
> Any comments, suggestions or questions feel free to e-mail me
> VegasCop1@xxxx
>
> This car will be a very badd sleeper.
>
> Thnx,
> Ski VIN 4649.

Ski,
Good for you and if that is what pleases you GO For IT. Not my preference but
I will be as much in awe of your creation as I am the concourse winners. The
Idea is to do what pleases you, not me or the other members of this list. I
can't wait to see it.
Ralph
Vin1606