Re: [DML] Brake Calipers, Tie Rod ends, Electrical Parts Source

Re: [DML] Brake Calipers, Tie Rod ends, Electrical Parts Source

Great Find! Is there anyone that lives by them that might be able to
bring a caliper or their D there to see if the brake system is a
good cross reference? They have an updated brake system on their
website for the front that consist of 2 vented rotors along with two
4 piston calipers, hoses, updated pads, etc. I would be interested
in that. Anyway they are located at:

Rimmer Bros Ltd
Triumph House
Sleaford Road
Bracebridge Heath
Lincoln
LN4 2NA
Tel: +44 (0)1522 568000

Be a good source of information as the master cylinder and booster
look to be the same...but those parts are more expensive then some
of the D dealers.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jwit6@xxxx wrote:
> Has anyone used Wilwood brake calipers on the DMC-12?
> Has anyone confirmed that the Delorean Girling type 16 front
calipers are the
> same ones used on Triumph TR-6's?
> Has anyone swapped thier front calipers with Toyota 4wd 1983
pickup calipers?
> Are Triumph TR-6, or Spitfire front rotors the same as the D's?
> The tie rod ends appear to be Spitfire 1974\ Herald and are only
$14.43 US
> each at www.rimmerbros.co.uk
> The switch for the door interior lights appears to beTriumph
Spitfire 74/75
> Lucar type connector ( www.rimmerbros.co.uk) Part # ykc931
$4.71 US
> The Switch for Turn Indicator/Horn & Main Beam Stalk Appears to
be Triumph
> TR7 from 79 pt# AEU1473. $61.63 US ( www.rimmerbros.co.uk)
> The Switch for the Windshield Wiper Stalk control Appears to be
Triumph TR7