So make it count.

Hey list, (including Moderators, whom are our fellow list members.)
I don't know how much the moderators are paid to read and labor over each and every post, but you could triple the paycheck and I still wouldn't take the job.
As a member of other lists (non-DeLorean related), I come here to enjoy the civil posts, and absence of flame wars. You can get all the cursing and flaming and downright ignorant remarks in most other forums. If another DeLorean list is created to include these things, add one more to the pile!
(I'd much rather have the option to simply 'subscribe' and 'unsubscribe' from the unmoderated list rather than wearing out a delete button.)
Hardly anyone can argue that the DML is extra-ordinary in this respect.
E-mail is free and easy, producing lots of noise and often taken for granted.
The DML standards are higher than most, at the valuable cost of moderator diligence.
In my opinion, the moderators make all of us 'seem' more intelligent and civilized by editing out the garbage.
Thank you Marty Maier, Mike Substelny, Mike Greise, Bruce Benson, and Knut Grimsrud, for keeping this a nice place, and for making me *think* before I post.
In addition, let's all keep in mind no one is infallible and lister/moderator mistakes do happen, even with the best of intentions.
And consider this: I'm not particularly a gambling man, but numbers do come into play here. The more posts one person submits, the better the odds of something of theirs getting edited or even deleted. -This applies to 'length' of a post too. ;-)

Oliver Holler
#10694 'Time-Car'