Re: Incorrect door struts.

I have seen some "D's" with the struts that have bent the anchor pin
on the car. The owner wasn't even aware if it. In all fairness to the
vender that supplied it since there is a variation in all production
cars that strut that was too long on one car may work fine on
another. If the anchor pin is bent I have seen by replacing the strut
with a better one it doesn't matter that the pin is slightly bent. If
the pin BENDS when opening and closing the door then it is weakened
and I would be afraid it could break off. The heavy duty bkts P J
Grady sells is for the door side of the strut I think, not the frame
side. There is no way you would feel the strut bending the pin when
closing the door. On most cars the owners slam the doors closed anyway
because the doors don't close well and need the latching pins to be
adjusted.
This is a great advantage of using this list, you can benefit from
the experiences of many. I have tried and seen struts from several of
the venders and although many buy collectivly and sell the same ones
(It's cheaper to order large quantities among several venders) I like
the ones from P J Grady best. If you are going for the door launchers
I think his will work the best because of the built-in retarding force
at the end of the opening stroke.
Another factor to consider is that struts don't last forever, some
vender's struts last longer than others.
David Teitelbaum