DeLorean Story and For Sale

 About a month ago my dad called and said h saw a DeLorean sitting at a repair shop
in town ( Kokomo, In ). After work one morning I drove by to take a look at it. What I saw it
was pretty rough and looked to have been neglected for some time. The worse part to me
was the color. Someone had painted it white from the front up to the rear quarters, then a
blue stripe went around the top of the car, and then the rear quartes and fascia was red. Pretty
hideaous in my opinion. Anyway I called the shop later and the guy said that he was fixing a
couple of things on it for a guy that owned a car lot in town.
I then drove my car out to the dealer and talked to the guy that owned it. He said that his son
actually owned the car and that the guy that owned Dominos Pizza had once owned the car and
had it painted dominos colors and took it around to different stores as a promotional thing. The
guy also said that they had $10,000 in reciepts from DMC Houston. I'm sure that could be verified
but from what little I saw I'm not sure if I would believe it or not. LIttle things like still having the
original coolant bottle. I would've thought that would've been one of the things they would've replaced.
Anyway, the car is now on the dealers lot and for sale. I called to see what they wanted for it just
to settle my curiousity. They guy told me $12,900!! I was a little shocked. Never would've thought
that high. Unless he cleaned it up a lot from what I saw it wasn't worth it. Heres a little about the car.
'81 vin 17**, 8,000 miles, gas flap, black interior, automatic. I didn't get a chance to look at the frame
or in the engine compartment. I can get the dealer name, address, and phone if anyone really wants it.
Just for what it's worth.

Jason Vin #5903