Re: [DML] Fusebox replacement wiring

Farrar and Group. The fuse block will work fine and look as original as you
make it up. Only thing is it has two rows instead of three. As the picture on
the web site show it has 1/4 "male quick disconnects on the back where the
original was hard wired to the socket. They won't interchange and you can't
unplug one and plug in another. Your old block/wires will have to be
reterminated using a female 1/4" quick disconnect. After the old wire is cut
from the original block, I would crimp on the new female connector,solder it
and then use heat shrink tubing on it. This process will take about a day.
Another way to terminate that would be quicker. Take the old terminal out (
if you can ) and plug on to the back of the new block 1/4" tab and then
solder it. I would try to put some heat shrink tubing on the wire so you can
slip it up and insulate better. This process should take about 2-4 hours.
Either way will work.
Just depend on how much time you have.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/modification.shtml

<< Hi, List:
With all the talk of fuses of late, I was curious if anybody has installed
the fusebox that is at Special-T-Auto. It looks, like most parts that are
worth it, expensive yet good. Wondered if there is anybody using it out
there. E-mail me off the
list if you like.

Off to go sell air conditioning and rad-suits to Nevadans ....
Farrar Hudkins
New Orleans, LA
- >>