Re: [DML] Jacknuts (was Rivnuts)

In a message dated 6/27/02 9:58:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
ihaveanaccount@xxxx writes:

> I've seen jacknuts, but dismissed them because it seemed to me that they
> would spin. I more sensible device would be a jacknut with teeth that
> grip into the fibreglass when squashed. I assume these exist somewhere
> becuase it only makes sense. Anyone know for certain?
>
> Jim
> 1537

You are right Jim.
the trick with jacknuts is to use a plies on the outside of it and turn the
screw and get it slightly closed. if you do it just right it will barely pop
thru and it will have enough pressure not to spin. once they start to close
in their fixture, all it good!

i used these on my front turn signal mounts. worked great!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102