RE: fast idle

Since the DeLorean I've had for the last 12 years is Chevy powered, I haven't had the fun of trying to figure out PRV fast idle problems for a while. But having recently picked up another DeLorean and replacing the water pump on it, I may have stumbled on something many of you already know. On the WP end of the small hose that goes to the RH head, if you put the hose clamp screw at the top the throttle linkage may rub on it. I wondered why it wouldn't idle down every time until I spotted that. After spinning the clamp down, no more problem. I also learned to be more observant of the position of the hose clamp on the LH main hose - what looked like a convenient position became unreachable once the intake plenum pipe was replaced.

I would insert my standard claim here about how much simpler the Chevy motor is to work on, except that it is currently spread out on the shop floor with two broken pistons. Between the supercharger and my right foot, I think I will invest in forged pistons this time....

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
McCleary, WA
www.delorean-parts.com