Re: [DML] Steering wheel removal

Well - sometimes. After about two hours of using a puller (stripped
out the holes!), using a brass punch while pulling on the wheel, and
lots of choice swear words, I actually had to drill mine off by
drilling along side the steering column enough to get it to let go.
(I was replacing it).

I've heard this story before, as well as "it comes right off".
Depends on how much locktite the guy at the factory put on it, or if
it has been removed before. The puller bolt holes are small and are a
very fine metric thread that is difficult to find in a bolt long
enough to do the job.

Whatever you do, don't pound on the steering column without pulling
on the wheel at the same time, this IS a collapsable steering column.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, wmack <wmack@xxxx> wrote:
> David
>
> What you need to do is go to Advanced, Napa, Pep Boys what ever is
around you,
> and rent a steering wheel puller. You may have to adapt the
steering wheel
> puller with your own bolts, thats what i had to do. Once you have
the right
> tools its amazing how easy it is to pull that thing off.
>
> Willie

I got the