Update: Overheating Fuel Tank.

Took my car back out again today, and recreated the same
problem. This time, I had filled up the tank, and got the same
problem. So filling the tank with cool fuel fresh from the pump
doesn't solve the issue. Now, I've had this same problem since
before I installed the spring inside of the fuel pump pick-up
hose. The only difference is that since installing the spring, I'm
able to maintain accelleration. Although, I am al for excluding
both the spring, and the pick up hose all together to avoid these
potential problems.

However, here is an interesting fact. I disconnected the vacuum
hose from between the carbon canister, and the intake manifold.
I clamped the manifold hose, and then connected a vacuum
hose to the canister. Engine started, and idled fine. When I
applied the vacuum, nothing happened. Until I increased
pressure up to 12 PSI. Once this happened, the engine flooded
out from the vapor pressure from the gas tank!. After this, I was
able to get the same results @ about 5-6 PSI. Once I applied the
vacuum, it would slowly decrease until it reached 3 PSI. Are
these normal pressures for the diaphram inside to activate at? It
seems to me that the diaphram is malfunctioning, and is the
cause of the swelling of my fuel tank. If it was properly "draining"
the gas vapors out, I don't believe that the motor would have
flooded. If nothing else, I need to replace both the canister, and
the hose(s).

Can excess pressure in the tank cause a noisy pump? My gut
feeling is that it's what's responsable for my fuel vapors inside of
my passenger compartment. Although I still intend to shield the
tank from the water pipes below.

Thank you for all of the input so far both on, and off the list. I do
appriciate it!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"