Re: [DML] Smokey Yunik Delorean?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, <dmc4687@xxxx> wrote:
> All I know is mentioned in SSI... I've wondered about it and
Smokey's engines (in general) myself.
<SNIP>
> Does anyone know about the Smokey Yunik Delorean with teh
Hot vapor
> engine in it?

Simply put, a "Hot Vapor" engine is basicly a Sterling engine
(rather than go into mechanical details, visit the site below http://
www.stirlingengine.com/).

I believe back in 1982 is when JZD took a business trip down to
Florida to visit w/Yunick about the sterling engine. If I remember
correctly, this is mentioned both in "De Lorean", & "Hard Driving".
Both books give different perspectives of the flight down. Haddad
made it sound like JZD was wasting his time with a fruitless
project. And JZD stated that Haddad kept leaning over to the
same position as if he was wearing a wire, and was trying to
record the conversation.

As for the engine, I had no idea that one was actually built! It
would be interesting to see what exactly it looks like, if not some
performance/fuel consumption stats. As a side tidbit for you
Bricklin fans, Malcolm Brickin too was also working on the
development of a Sterling engine as well for the SV1. About 3-4
years ago, someone had a web page about B's that had an
artist's conception of what the engine was supposed to have
looked like. How far development progressed with that one, I've
no idea...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"