auto tranny comp finally replaced..

Well I finally got around to installing my new autotrans governor. It
was a painless installation, much easier than I expected. Took about
two hours, and thats cause I was being carefull.

Anyway when I went to start the car after the install, it wouldnt
start.. I found that the park safety switch for the new unit is
broken inside somehow. I jumpered the two pins on the block connector
together in the engine bay, and the car will start.. in any gear
position.

Also the car will start fine with the old unit plugged into the block
connector. If I push one of the buttons, the reverse lights come on,
if I push the other, the car wont start. On the failed unit, the car
will not start with the button in any position.

So my questions are thus: How are these two switches set up inside
the unit? Are they completely independent of the shift comp? It seems
like they are, since I have driven my car with the jumper in place
and it shifts fine.

If I open the plug housing for these two switches, can they be
serviced? Should I maybe cut the plugs off the two units I have and
swap them around, I could crimp the good plug to the good shift comp?

Also, I got some oil and maybe trans fluid on my stainless. What is a
good way to wash it off? I also ordered my Pirellis yesterday, P6000s
and P600s!!

Adam 16683