From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 08:20
Subject: [DML] Exhaust manifolds Studs

> You may want to talk to Toby about the studs/bolts. I am not sure what the
optimum material and coating would be.

> This is one project I did with little research, I just purchased the parts
I needed from PJ Grady. Like I said before, I think it was CAD plated
steel.. Probably 8.8

> I don't think 10.9 would be good, because if a stud did break it would
make it more difficult to remove. I could be wrong.

> It would be nice to have some material that does not rust. I think use of
never-seize is an acceptable solution to make sure that in another 20 years
when we have to do this job again it goes easier, but aesthetically I don't
like to see rust! So, the only problem here that may need solving (I don't
know if or when the new studs will rust) is how it looks. Maybe someone who
did this job a few years back can see how their studs and nuts look now?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews