fuel pump line leaks

Okay, me and a fellow list member have just about totally redone my car
cosmetically and replaced much of the fuel and ignition systems. Everything
is now working great and just when i was ready to smash a bottle of Boones
Farm over the front of the car i found a small problem (if there is such a
thing as a small problem)
I am now getting a leak where one of my fuel pump hoses (the main line not
the return) where the fuel pump hose meets the metal fuel line of the car. I
have the brass fitting from Grady and thought the connection was as tight as
humanly possible but i am now getting a pretty good leak when i started the
car. It really appears the leak is coming from the "olive" type nut on the
car and not on the brass nut on the replacement hose.

Any thoughts? that metal fuel line with the olive or nipple end disappears
into the frame of the car and is not accessible. Although I am now attempted
to gently search for the end of that line with my sledge hammer....I am
thinking of starting over aand backing the hose all the way off and
inspecting the car fuel line fitting...and maybe using teflon tape on the
threads of the hose???....If this is too confusing then email me privatelly
at Billsfanmd@xxxxx

Whoever designed this fuel hose system &^%$# ....I would just like to weld
the entire hose to the fuel line than worry each day that a leak has returned
becasue a thread is a millionth of an inch loose....Anybody have this problem
and how did you solve it?

Thanks

Mike in Baltimore
2109