Re: [DML] Fan Fail Light Without Actual Fan Fail

Re: [DML] Fan Fail Light Without Actual Fan Fail

Jim,
Yes you do have to remove the fan fail module to plug in the fan fail fix
which is now part of the Fan Fix Dual 2 x 2, but you don't have to remove the
circuit breaker, I have wired around it so it isn't used. The light on the
dash is now only an indication that power is going to the fans, not if there
is a fan fail. The coolant fans failing seems to be rare. I have only sold
two or three in three years. The car will also cool with only one fan, but it
just takes a little longer. As far as the mention of the additional relay for
the fail, Haven't thought of that. Good idea. I'll see if I can fit it in.
John

<< So you remove Fan Fail Module (191), remove the circuit breaker (193),
double
up the cooling fan relays (112) one for each fan, then rely on two inline 15
amp fuses, one to each fan. Then you then power the fan fail light (192)
when
ever the fans run.

What if only one of the fans blows the fuse, or isn't getting power? Will
the
light still stay on letting you think everything is OK?

Also why not run one additional accessory relay so the light only indicates
"fail" condition when there really is no voltage going to one of the fans?