Re: [DML] heater

In a message dated 5/13/02 7:15:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
marv@xxxx writes:

<< how do I get in there to find out if it's a broken cable to the heater or
if that control is shot? >>

If you remove vac from the heater valve in the engine compartment, the heater
core should receive hot coolant, and you can tell very easily once the car is
warmed up since there should be radiant heat felt from the heater core area
and from the lines feeding it. If the core gets hot,the doors open and close,
and the blower motor operates and turns in the right direction, you might
want to look for misplaced or missing foam seals on the back of the blower
box where the air and heater cores are plumbed in.
Jim 6147