Re: "Preproduction" car on ebay?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Ian Stewart <istewart@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> The auction says, and I quote:
>
> Very rare car, preproduction unit chassis #20. Excellent
condition.
<SNIP>
> The exterior photos look exactly like a production car (other
than the
> fact that it's black), so is this just embellishment?
>
> Ian Stewart

The only thing that I can see that indicates that this was a lower
production car is the early type throttle spool. Althogh the lack of
a factory VIN plate on the door sill is quite evident. It appears to
be an assigned VIN #. So, there's one of 2 possible senarios
here: 1. This was a "black" car that the workers practiced and
trained on. So the panels were painted seperately, then added
on. or 2. This was a wrecked car, painted to conceal damage,
and in the process it had it's VIN# removed. The only way to try
and find out would be to remove the headliners & check for
VIN#'s.

Just a thought...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"