ball joints bad and replacement?

Hey guys, wanted to run this by you all before I start ripping things apart. I am thinking I have a ball joint on the right side going bad as when I go over certain bumps the right front clunks. I know that it is not a bad wheel bearing or steering rack as there is no play in the wheel. Also, sometimes when I drive the car the alinement is perfect but other times the steering wheels shakes and feels to pull to the side a bit. My wheels where just balanced too. Sound about right? How tough are these babies to fix and How much do they cost?

Casey at chaparral2a002@xxxx