Re: [DML] removing headlights

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 Soma576@xxxx wrote:

> is it just me, or is it impossible to remove the low beams with the
> light assembly in the car? i can't get to the screws on the far edge
> and top sides (2 screws closest to the edge of the car) on either side.
> are there any good tricks to this?

I was able to get the lights out with little trouble when performing my
recent HID upgrade. As you mentioned, the fascia is somewhat flexible,
and I found it would easily flex far enough for me to remove the screws.
Admittedly, my fascia is already somewhat eyebrowed, which probably made
the operation a little easier, but I suspect it would work fine on a
straight fascia as well.

For the screws at the top, get a friend to pull up on the fascia. You can
do it yourself, but it's a lot easier if you have both hands free to deal
with the screws.

For the screws at the side, just pinch the fascia betweeen your thumb and
forefinger and the inner face should flex enough to provide easy access to
the screw.

Then again, who knows? Maybe my fascia is just softer than yours. :)

-andrew