[DML] XM Radio...

MODERATOR NOTE: Let's keep this on track - the subject is antenna mounting on DeLoreans, not the relative merits of XM (Satellite) radio...dave
---------------------------------

Hey List,

A couple months ago I installed an aftermarket radio that is XM Radio
ready, and today I decided to see how much it would be to get XM Radio for my
car. The receiver I need would cost only $165.00, and then all I would need
is the antenna. And thats where I am having a problem. I just got back from
a stereo dealer who deals with XM Radio. All they have are 2 kinds of
magnetic mounted antennas. Well...since our beloved cars have an SS skin
thats non metallic thats obviously not going to work. They did say that one
of the antennas they have might be able to be mounted on top of the engine
cover, and it will still be able to pick up the signals from the satellite.
My question for the list is....does anyone out there have XM Radio for their
car? And if so, what did you do for the antenna problem? I do know of a few
glass mounted antennas, but the guys at this dealership says they are huge
and ugly. Thanks for the help!

Later,
Nick Pitello
1852
15914
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548";>Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>