Re: Propane/Freon

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone ever experienced Propane packed up in a Freon can or is
this
> the usual BS from the naysayers?
>
> Les

Les,

The fact that some people are selling R-12 in Mexico that is propane
or is mixed with propane is not BS! I am 400 miles from the Mexican
border, and see it happen all the time. It's gotten so bad that the
car dealership I worked for had to buy a $1500.00 refrigerant ID tool
to make sure that the cars traded in to us had R-12 in the system,
and not propane. I don't know if they are packaging the propane in R-
12 cans; they could be selling it out of a tank there. This is a very
real and very serious problem! All it takes is a small leak in the
system, and a spark ---- and the car and driver are toast.