Re: [DML] Re: Fuel tank made from Stainless steel?

Re: [DML] Re: Fuel tank made from Stainless steel?

I agree with Robert. I work on cars all day as my occupation and the
all have the pump in the tank, submerged in the fuel and usually rigidly
mounted to a plate at the top of the tank. No pickup hose to collapse. There
is a "sock" type filter at the pump intake for pre-filtering. Lets not start
a discussion about the dangers of a 12V supply in the tank and the risk of
sparks because it's hogwash. O2 ratios are too low for Hiroshima to occur.
There is however, a type of rigid, corrugated nylon line used in many
late models ('96 and up Taurus and several others) , this may solve the
collapsing fuel line concern (this just came to me while typing). I think it
is used on upscale fish aquariums but I'm not sure. I don't know where we
can source it.
And Walt (I think), you're right The fuel does get surprisingly hot!!
After an hours drive today, I removed the access panel and found the cap nut
on the fuel too hit to hold for long. and yes, the pump was screaming.

Don VIN 6860