Re: [DML] Does a tune-up ever go right? Not when I do it...

Re: [DML] Does a tune-up ever go right? Not when I do it...

In a message dated 4/15/02 7:28:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
tgoodwin@xxxx writes:

> Got the tune-up package from John Hervey. I installed the Bosch
> Platinum +4 plugs. You can see a pic of it here:
>
> http://www.specialtauto.com/images/boschtuneupkit.jpg

I don't know if that's the problem or not, but Rob Grady told me he doesn't
put the platinum plugs into the cars he works on - he said they don't
performin the PRV as well as the copper or silver tip plugs he sells. sure,
the platinum plugs probably last longer, but i'd rather go with overall
reliability than sheer durability. not only that, but you know what it's
like to pull steel out of aluminum after many years... i wouldn't want a plug
to break off in there because i bought plugs that 'last forever'!!!!!!

just a thought!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596