Re: [DML] Re: Pressure (was Vacuum) brake bleeding

Re: [DML] Re: Pressure (was Vacuum) brake bleeding

In a message dated 4/14/02 6:30:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
dswingle@xxxx writes:

> I know this will probably start another Brake Fluid Holy War, but
> here goes.
>
> You probably ought to keep looking for the Castrol. Any quality DOT-4
> is *probably* OK, but I've heard that the Castrol for some reason is
> the most compatible with the natural (as opposed to synthetic) rubber
> used in the DMC braking system.

List,

Just a note I'd like to make here regarding Castrol in general.
i'm in the oil change/auto maintenence business and among us, it is widely
known that Castrol doesn't even make any of it's own products. Castrol is a
marketing and advertising company, not a refinery or manufacturer. In fact,
you will notice on the back of any castrol product that it does not
specifically state where the product was made, only that it is 'packaged by
Castrol'. Castrol buys their products as ordinary bulk from the other major
manufacturers, so anything unique to Castrol is just placebo, kind of like
how someone insists on using the same oil their dad used because 'it's the
best stuff'. Further, you will see that Castrol never suggests that their
products are specifically superior to anyone else's - their claims are always
the same things that ANY product should have if it is the be certified.

Just a little factoid -
Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596