Re: [DML] front sway bar projects

That would be one of my many pet projects. I was waiting for some wheel
alignment fixtures to show up via UPS which came yesterday. I unpacked the
stuff, set it up and realized that it won't take the measurements that I
need, but it will align the wheels. I was hoping that I could get someone
to send me a copy of the original factory engineering drawings (even with a
$1000 bribe in the deal) but there are a LOT of politics involved. I have
promised a bunch of people convex side mirror glasses for their D's which I
need to get done first. I also need to finish my income tax, but that is
getting extended anyway. Basically I'm just waiting for the notion to
strike to take the sway bar off of my car and take a lot of measurements and
make some drawings. I have a sway bar off of a wrecked car, but it is too
bent to get reliable measurements from.

If anyone would like to help, I would like to come up with an average
measurement on the sway bar. It needs to be off the car to get this
measurement. The measurement I need is the distance between the center of
the threaded ends that go into the front lower control arm. I need it in
metric but don't mind converting if you can only do it the SAE way. I hope
to have it done in time to bring a few prototypes to Memphis.

Walt Tampa, FL