Travelling to Memphis

Group-

I have spoken with several people travelling to Memphis this June that will be passing through Knoxville, TN on the way there. Memphis is about a 6 hour drive from Knoxville- and if you are travelling from the NY/NJ area, far eastern portions of NC/SC, or anywhere that would have you pass through Knoxville on the way to Memphis...even Cincinatti or Atlanta could be included - Knoxville would be a good place to stop and rest before finishing that last 6hour leg to Memphis.

I have already spoken with 5 different sets of people planning their layover in Knoxville. What I have planned is to find a hotel that would best accomodate everyone in a decent price range. If some people get in early enough - we could all go out for dinner and then get to our rooms and meet at a set location to start our caravan to Memphis early Thursday morning.

If this sounds like a good idea and would like to meet up in Knoxville on the way, just let me know. I will go ahead this week and try to get an ETDOC group rate at a hotel. Also, mention this to other members of your caravan to see if they would all like to stop over in Knoxville on the way to Memphis. Let's try and make the trip down half the fun.

Regards-

Aaron Posey
ETDOC