brake vacuum hose go all 'splody!

Ok. I was under my car playing "guess what the fluid is"; in this case,
the fuild was all over the bottom of the back of my transmission. Not sure
whether I've actually found the cause of that fluid's presence, however my
vacuum hose (part #100842) has split in about half a dozen places.
Amusingly enough (to my novice eye, at any rate), there are several
plastic ties around the hose in question all along the split area. Which
means that those ties are *always* there for reinforcement and the hose
gave out anyway, or someone saw this coming and didn't implement a real
fix.

Grand.

So, pair of questions:

1) What kind of hose *is* that? Anything special? Better just to order it
from vendor of choice?

2) There is a fair amount of fluid in that area which has come in contact
with various things, including the transmission and a large hose nearby.
This fluid *seems* to be coming from the vacuum hose, but if this is
impossible, lemme know. =). If it *is* brake fluid, how damaging is it
(yes, I really *do* know this little. Bear with me, here. :) ). I assume
(mostly because I RILLY hope) that if brake fluid has hit the
transmission, there isn't much gasket damage potential. I am braced for
the alternative, however. Should the large hose be considered suspect and
replaced, or will cleaning it be sufficient?

Hrm.

2.5) If it is brake fluid, i'll need to bleed the system, yes?

Finally, I have recieved several private replies (in addition to the
public ones) to my previous questions. I just want to take this
opportunity to thank all of you for your assistance; I couldn't have done
gotten as far as I have without your help.

Noah
#2867 "awaiting reassembly"

Bottleneck Bob is riding fast
Wanted by the law for the freight-train blast