Hot Start - Fuel Accum.....Techincal Questions

Hot Start - Fuel Accum.....Techincal Questions

After Spending $400+ on a New fuel pump, Check Valve, Fuel Filter, Rubber
Gaskets, Cleaned Tank etc... I Still have the hot Start problem which means
I looks like a new Fuel accumulator is on the horizon. I have a couple of
technical questions that I hope you all can help me with. Since I am now
almost for certain it is a Accumulator issue I would like to implement the
Temporary Fix (Switching the Cold Start Valve (CSV) and the Control Pressure
Regulator.) I would like to do something like DMCVegas did and rig up a
momentary switch however for the purpose of activating the CSV until it
starts. I have see the "Hot Start Relay Fix" from SpecialTAuto and this is
similar to what I want (I think) I have no problems wiring and am quite apt
on doing a quality "Temp Fix" I started going through the Manuals and Wire
Diagram for the D and according the the 81 diagram I have the CSV has to
connections going to the Thermal Timer and the the Hot Start Relay it
appears that one wire is suppose to be Hot (Positive) but when I test it
(meaning I unplug the CSV and probe the connector it shows a Ground on each
terminal <<stumped>>

Question 1- How can this be and what is it suppose to be. It Negative in
both ignition off and engaged (Did not try Start position... I probably
should have but I was in the Garage late tonight)

I tried to track the Hot Start relay down with no luck nothing seems to be
labeled anywhere and the manual is useless naming half the relays as the
same. I tried to follow the Wiring Diagram and how the Hot Start Rely works
but am clueless with what information I have. The Relay is suppose to have
one Pos (Positive Voltage) one ground and one goes to CSV.

Question 2 - Does any one know the EXACT location of the Hot Start Relay?

Question 3 - Am I correct in saying that during start the Hot Start Relay
engages sends a Pos current to the CSV and if the Thermal Timer is active
(Cold) it completes the circuit with a Ground Connection thus activating the
CSV?

Question 4 - This makes since to me but if this is the case how would
SpecialTAuto's Hot Start Relay work?

Question 5 - What is the best way of activating the CSV manually and how
would you wire it.... (please be very specific since my wiring diagrams are
vague to say the least)

Question 6--- Why would you name a relay that activates the COLD start valve
HOT start relay? You don't have to answer that one but I did ponder this
one while gazing at all of these relays...

Fuel Accumulator Questions

Ok I have heard talk that replacing the Fuel Accumulator is a Pain however I
have not found any guide or pictures aside from the Parts Manual as to how
to access it for replacement. I have read that you must access it from under
the car while others say it is under the center console and "easy"

Question 7 - Where can I go to see pictures and get an over view of the
replacement? I saw that there was a magazine with an article published does
any one have this that they can email me? Maybe someone has a website link
to some tech stuff on its replacement. Those who have done it what can you
tell us about it.

I know it is going to be a while before I sink more money into my D so I
will be doing some kind to temp fix for the Hot Start issue but any
information on this "Common" Procedure would be greatly appreciated to all
of us New owners

Thanks All

Jason