Re: Courtesy light puzzle

Tyler Graves wrote:

>> I need some advice on my lighting situation. My front and rear
>> interior white lights (aka courtesy lights) do not come on.
[snip]
>> I'm not sure where to start my hunt for an explanation.

Then Don Hughes replied:

> There are three diodes located at the front left edge of the console, one
> red, one black, and the other blue. Remove them one at the time and check
> them with an ohm meter. One or more are probably bad.

Remember to check them in BOTH current directions: they ARE diodes...
If you have no continuity in both directions the diode is probably blown.
When current goes through in either direction it probably is shorted out.

Even better than an Ohm-meter would be a testlight with a battery,
since the amount of current flowing is of interest too!

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000