Re: anyone with a buying check list or tip list?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, TKNBA@xxxx wrote:
> hey group i'm going to look at a car i'm interested in
> buying and i'm curious if anyone has any or knows any
> good links for a check-list or tips on what to make
> sure of and look at when checking out a delorean.
>
> -thanks
> -tk from nj

TK,

If I'd had all the info I am about to give you, I would NEVER have
bought this car, but then again, I am glad I did. My lack of
knowledge helped me negotiate a steal of a deal, which is important
to a cheap SOB like myself.

You want to read archive issues for others' checklists:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/prepurchase.htm

Or for all 31 references to checklists in the archives:
http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&cof=L%
3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dmcnews.com%2Fgraphics%2Fsponsor.gif%3BLH%3A40%
3BLW%3A400%3BAH%3Acenter%
3B&domains=www.dmcnews.com&q=checklist&btnG=Google+Search&sitesearch=w
ww.dmcnews.com

DMC Houston (WWW.delorean.com) has also got a concours car rating
checklist if the car you're looking at is close to flawless. It'll
tell you if that car originally came with a two-key entry system,
power antenna and such stuff as that.

Good luck, BE CAREFUL, and bring your VISA card... I bought $1,000
worth of parts the first week I had my car, and could have tripled
that to get to perfection...

-Steve #3302