Re: Emissions Test Exemptions

Not only does testing vary State to State but the way you register the
vehicle is important. In many states there are special catogories that
are exempt from testing such as Historic, Collector, or Limited
Use-Special use. If you can live with the limitations such special
catogories impose (like a limited # of miles per year) not only are
you exempt from emissions testing but the insurance is substantaily
lower. You must contact the Motor Vehicle Agency of the State in which
you reside and or will register the vehicle in to learn all of the
options available. Just because a car is over 20 years old doesn't
automatically exempt it from anything as it is still required to meet
the emissions and safety tests that were in effect at the time of
manufacture.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757