Re: charging system failure

There is a good chance you did something to the alternater (like got
too much water inside it and now somewthing shorted out). Go to Sears
or someplace like them and most shops will test your alternater and
battery for free. Then you can decide what to do. In all likelyhood
you will need an alternater and a charge on your battery. Before you
go though check the simple things like electrical connections (clean
and tight) and the belt (not slipping).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Louie G <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok... I did a really dumb thing this weekend. I got tired of looking
at my dirty engine block, so I used some spray on cleaner, and used a
hose to clean it off (D'oh!). I thought I was very careful with the
hose, but now my charging system has ceased working. When I got in my
car to drive it the day after I washed the engine block, the battery
light came on in the dash, and the voltage slowly got lower and lower
until the car died. Can anyone tell me what I did to my car? How do I
fix it? Thanks in advance!