Re: [DML] Lights Staying on...

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> Who's our electrical guru? :-)
<SNIP>
> As to chasing down the bugs in my system: The design of the
dome lights themselves is so
> inconceivably awful, that once today shutting the door turned
the interior light ON,
> which then proceeded to dim on the timer....
>
> I also have a problem with the switch on the pass door - going
round a left hand turn a
> bit quick usually results in the door ajar light flickering. Not a
major problem in
> itself, but if they're set, the blasted dome lights switch on. I've
been meaning to
> twiddle the switch myself.
>
> Martin

It's quite poosible that both problems are one in the same.
Closing the door too hard jiggles the switch, and turning left
forces it out against the contact.

I can't remeber if it was Les, or Walt, but they posted to the list
using vacuum line caps on the ends of the switches to extend
their "reach" so they get pushed in farther. I did this on my car,
and the problem was solved!

-Robert