timing chain trouble? what's this sound?

timing chain trouble? what's this sound?

I am wondering if any of you have had or heard of either your timing chains or timing chain tensioners having trouble and perhaps making a ticking sound. My motor has 32,000mi on it and after I changed my oil to 10w-40 from the 20w-50 I had in before I could hear this mechanical ticking sound that I do not beleive to be valves or lifters, they were all adjusted 3000mi ago. I mean, this motor has 32,000mi on it and has been taken care of well, why should I have an internal engine problem? Have any of you put a slightly lighter weight oil in and noticed any more mechanical noises like this. I am going to listen to it with a stethescope today and see what I can hear. I didn't find any plastic or any debris in the old oil I drained out, but I gotta figure this noise out, most people would never notice it but it is freaking me out! You all know how it is once you notice something you can't stop listening to it untill it goes away.

Sincerely, freaked out Casey at chaparral2a002@xxxx