Re: repairing OEM fuel sender & Tankzilla

Re: repairing OEM fuel sender & Tankzilla

Don't be so disappointed! Watch the fuel gauge in your daily driver
when you accelerate, turn, and brake. The only time it is close to
accurate is either when you are parked or travelling straight for a
period of time on a LEVEL road. Also I have noticed on many cars the
fuel gauge is not calibrated to operate lineraly i.e. it stay on full
way too long ang then when it does start moving it drops like a rock.
I guess they try to fool you into believing it isn't using so much
fuel most of the time. The best thing to do is crosscheck against the
trip odometer and know the average fuel consumption. $300 is a lot for
a working fuel gauge but at least it isn't critical for safety. This
is something you can save up for after you spend all your money on the
other more required repairs like the cooling system and the brakes. No
one buys a Delorean because they are cheap to maintain and repair!!!!
Just imagine what the bill would come to if you took your daily driver
into the dealer to fix a bad fuel level indicater. After his $70/ hour
rate, the obscene list prices on the parts, and the week it takes to
get parts you won't come out any cheaper. At least this can be done on
a "D" without dropping the tank!!!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, DHughes030@xxxx wrote:
> I have a recently (December) purchased fuel sender from
Delorean one and it too, swings too wildly on turns and accel's. from stops. I
was pretty disappointed in it given that it cost nearly $300.