Re: My climate control panel is getting hot...

Re: My climate control panel is getting hot...

Andrew and the DML.

Here is the link to, "Modification to Air Conditioner Control Panel
Lighting"

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/acpanellites.htm

It explains which relay to remove and where to insert the wire in
place of the relay. I have done this to my 'D' and it works.

But, I also found something interesting after removing the black
vinyl, center console. In order to see this you have to remove the
three A/C panel dials and the single screw holding the panel in place.
The four bulbs that light up your A/C panel may be pressed up against
the back of the panel. Each bulb is housed in a metal socket with
two wires out the back. That metal socket is taped into place inside
a black plastic socket. If this metal socket is taped in a way to
force the bulb too far out of the hole, it will press the tip of the
bulb against your plastic A/C panel.

To allow the bulbs to still light the panel but not touch the back
side I just pulled out each metal socket from behind the panel
removed the old black tape and wrapped the socket with a little bit
of grey duct tape. And reinserted just far enough so the bulb
doesn't touch anything.

Congratulations on owning a DeLorean.

Mark R. Vanyo
VIN #2261
Seattle, Washington
pndc.org

P.S. I still haven't figured out a dictionary term to describe some
of us DeLorean owners who spend more money on their 'D' than their
bank account allows.