Re: [DML] Custon Cd Changer location

I just want to add my two cents here. I am not a professional car audio
nut, but I have installed a few CD changers in all of my cars, and have used
this method for all of them. For the Delorean, I mounted the CD changer on
top of the plywood electrical panel on the deck behind the drivers seat. I
simply used two "eye"-bolts, one on each side of the changer screwed into
the edges of plywood panel (but not the deck carpet), and used a rubber
strap with hooks to secure the CD changer to the eye-bolts. The location is
great since power is easy (two feet to the fuses), and the antenna junction
box for the FM modulator/injector is the service area right below the panel.
What's nice about this is that I can very easily remove the CD changer for
shows and events, and even remove the bolts and all the wiring in a matter
of minutes, and the only evidence of the install is two small holes in the
plywood panel (covered by the carpet). Yes, the downside is that it is
easy for someone else to easily remove without permission, but I am not
worried about that. I'd rather have it easy to remove, than have a glovebox,
dashboard, or other parts of the car destroyed in a hurry if someone wants
it that bad.

-Hank