RE: Optima Delorean Battery

Well after much research, and help from the list (big thanks to
Marty) I purchased a Optima Yellow-Top battery.

Here was my reasoning for going with this one, and not the Red-Top
which a few other members had (though one member stated he had a
Yellow-Top).

Note- I did purchase the Yellow-Tip with Side Posts, and it fits
perfectly.

Here is the model info:
Optima 750 Yellow Top Deep Cycle Battery
price $149.99 + $5.50 shipping
purchased: http://www.sunnbattery.com

The funny thing is that the Red-Top actually cost more @ $159.99
(see the web site)!

My Delorean is not my daily driver. I only use it about once a week
right now. But when the weather turns warmer, I hope to use it more
often. So with that in mind (that it sometimes sits for days- maybe
even weeks), and the fact that I plan on putting a better stereo in
it, I opted for the Yellow-Top. Here is what their web site states
about the underlying difference, that made me choose yellow:

>From http://www.optimabatteries.com/
"To provide the customer the best OPTIMA solution, it is, necessary
to consider both the application and the charging system before
recommending the correct OPTIMA. For example, if your customer has a
Ford Expedition with an after-market alarm system, which OPTIMA
would you recommend? If the customer drives the car every day, the
Red Top would be the correct choice, since the amperage drain will
be nominal and the battery would be recharged on a daily basis.
However, if the customer stores the vehicle for a long period of
time with the alarm system engaged, you should recommend the OPTIMA
Yellow Top, since the amperage drain over several weeks would damage
a Red Top and reduce its life."

I hope this helps!

Jason