RE: stubborn locks

Another posibility - I recently had the lock cylinder itself fail. After
taking it out (no small task) and apart, I discovered that there is a brass pin
which is crimped into place lengthwise that holds the tiny tumbler springs in.
The crimps had come loose, most likely due to a locksmith having earlier re-
keyed it. I made a slightly longer pin, carefully drilled a hole to line up
with each end of where it lies, and then slid it into place. The design of the
cylinder holds it in, and it should have been made that way in the beginning.
A relatively easy fix, and no more hanging up when using the key. Just be sure
to check the linkage for problems first as cylinder failure is uncommon.

Darryl Tinnerstet
THE ORIGINAL Specialty Automotive
www.delorean-parts.com