Re: stubborn lock

I would start off by disabling (unplug) the lockzilla. This way you
can determine if it is a linkage problem, or a switch problem. With
it disconnected, you no longer have the solenoids to worry about
throwing anything off. With the door in the FULLY closed position so
both latches are completely shut, operate the lock from both inside
and outside the car. Does it work as it should? If so, you may have
a bad signaling switch in the lock mechanism telling lockzilla to
relock the door once you unlock it. However, more likely from what
you described (key turned fully AND pulling on handle) it is most
likely a linkage problem. If so, it will be acting the same now as it
did when you started. You'll need to dig inside of the door now to
figure out what may be causing the problem. However since I've never
done that myself, I will not pretend like I know what I'm doing. (But
I'm sure I could figure it out if I ever needed to on my car). Good
luck Wayne.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960