Re: [DML] Simple questions

Martin,

You said:
"I hear the engine design in general is not very good, but that's
what I heard about Volvos with that engine."

The PRV-6 used in the 79 and early 81 Volvo's had a problem with premature
cam shaft wear (soft cams). This was the reason for negative rumors, that
exist till today, concerning reliability. I have first hand knowledge of
this
situation when my 1980 Volvo 260 GLE prematurely retired at 86 k miles due
to cam shaft failure.

Several months prior to the manufacture of the DeLorean version of the
PRV-6's, the soft cams were replaced with hardened upgrades. This single
improvement made the PRV-6 the long lasting reliable engine it is today.

Quality control at the Renault engine manufacturing plant was superb.
In 17 years of keeping records concerning component failure rates for the
DeLorean, the engine including all of its *individual components, accounts
for less than 1% of all component failures.

In addition to the many DeLorean's with 150 k miles plus, our #3370 DeLorean
has clocked over 260 k trouble free miles.

*does not include fuel injection parts.

DMC Joe
DeLorean Help dmchelp@xxxx
www.dmc.tv