Re: new cat & higher idle

It's not a matter of what to adjust and how to do it. When the car is
correctly set up the idle is non-adjustable. My guess is that the
motor was not correctly idling before you did the cat, it's just more
noticeable now. The idle computer automatically sets the idle speed if
everything is correctly set-up and connected. See the Workshop Manual
for the correct procedures for the idle. Make sure the idle switch is
being activated and is working when the throttle spool hits it at
idle. Use a meter to verify it electrically, don't count on the click.
Make sure the 3 brass screws are LIGHTLY seated. Make sure there are
no vacuum leaks. Make sure that the throttle is fully returned to idle
and it is smooth and not sticking. Check the timing.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757