RE: [DML] Parts question

> Second, is it common for the dimmer rheostat to go to crap, and what
>is a good replacement. My instrument panel has too settings impossibly
>dim and off.

Jeff,
The dimmer switch is from a Jaguar. I believe John Hurvey has them on his web site. They are very easy to rebuild. What happened to mine was that the PC board that is pressed on to the rotating shaft had been twisted loose and just spun on the shaft. The board has tabs on it to limit it's ability to rotate a full 360 degrees within the housing and if it gets forced it loosens easily. Disassemble, note the manner in which the wiper is installed and epoxy the pc board back on to the shaft. Clean all your traces and contacts. If the tabs on the housing are shot and you can't crimp them down to re-assemble it can easilty be held together with safety wire or epoxied shut.

Jim 6147