Re: [DML] Auto tranny gov & shift solenoids

Re: [DML] Auto tranny gov & shift solenoids

There is no reason to just change the solenoids. Visually examine them
and the wires and plug. Measure the resistance of the coils, it should
be equal and approximittly 0.25 ohms with infinite resistance to
ground. You could change th "O" rings. If there is a lot of materiel
in the pan you MUST clean the filter. Contact me offlist for the
procedure.(It can be done.) Don't forget to check the final drive
fluid level. On the automatic it is not part of the transmission in
that it has it's own fluid. Verify that the vacuum hose is connected
and not leaking to the modulater, and when it is all put back together
set the line pressure as per G:05:03. DO NOT MIX UP THE POSITION OF
THE TWO SOLENOIDS. See notice G:06:02. Also check the govenor control
cable adjustment as per G:05:02 and if you are really conciencious you
can check the micro same page. The linkage adjustment is rarely off
but that can also be checked and adjusted. BTW if you have a leak from
the trans at the linkage cable there is a fix for it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to replace the shift solenoids while I am at it. Does
anyone know
> where I can order these? If they are on the vendor websites, I
couldnt find
> them.
>
> Thanks, Adam
>
> >From: dherv10@xxxx
> >To: dmcnews@xxxx
> >Subject: Re: [DML] Auto tranny governor
> >Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:08:33 EST
> >
> >Adam, Normally the governors can be upgraded with a few new parts.
I can

http://mobile.msn.com