Re: Fuel pressure at the injectors?

Guys,
Thanks for all of the advice. BTW: I have never taken apart the fuel
distributor - nor do I have any plans to - I understand it will most
likely never go back together and work. So I have never seen
these "shims" you're referring to (I guess I hope I never do!)

I did, however, tweak the adjustment screws for each fuel line (on
the distributor). I figured I had little to lose. I did manage to get
all of the injectors to spray at about the same time under nearly all
conditions. (an Improvement from before.) I haven't reinstalled the
injectors to see if it actually makes a difference in running.

The main fuel pressure is about 70PSI. I think thats borderline
normal to low. Anybody have a comment? Could anyone tell me which
way the System pressure regulator works? What I mean is: do you add a
shim on the system pressure assembly to increase pressure or decrease
it? I am speaking of the pressure regulator assembly inside of the
fuel distributor housing. The assembly that allows excess fuel to
return to the tank.

Eric
Dunedin, FL
VIN # 5557

Whalt@xxxx
> writes:
>
> << > I cannot figure out why, with minimal air-plate
> > deflection, not all of the injectors fire...but deflecting the
plate
> > further they all fire equally.
> >
> > Bad Injectors? Faulty Fuel Dist.?
> >>
> Eric,
> I saw John Hurvey's post about your question. John has access to
rebuilt
> distributors and in the event that the supply of good cores become
scarce, he
> can help you get a functionally equivalent distributor to get you
back on the
> road. Looks like you've gotten a good deal of valuable information
about your
> problem. In any case, if at all possible avoid disassembling your
> distributor. Have it rebuilt by a qualified shop only. Once you
open it up
> move the shims you're in trouble and there is no way that I've
found for the
> average owner to be able to seal it back up once it comes apart.
There is no