Re: DMC Houston, PJ Grady

[Moderator's note(yet again}: We all have our loyalties and opinions of the various vendors. Every time a post comes along regarding a vendor it launches a flurry of responses from those wanting to expound on those loyalties. As I said earlier, I'm not going to let this expand into another round of vendor bashing so I'm ending this subject with this post as it pretty much says it all.]

Every vender I have ever dealt with has had a bad day. Every service
business is only as good as their worst employee on a bad day. If you
always go to the same restaurant I am sure you have seen variations in
their service (even McDonalds!). You must look at their performance on
the whole and just say you were that unlucky customer that day. I am
sure for the most part when you point out how you were treated most of
the venders that we are all familiar with will go out of their way to
"make you happy" and take some kind of steps to prevent a repeat. In
restaurants if 1 customer complains they figure that the same problem
has happened at least 10 other times. I don't think that is the case
in the World of Deloreans but if you don't tell the vender you had the
problem with then how would they ever know to correct it? Most of the
time these issues are best corrected offlist. Just recently someone
had exactly the opposite experience as you. This is no indication as
it appears these are isolated events and all we get on the list is
your side of the situation. Learn to deal with and share your business
with all of the venders because if WE don't support them who will? Of
course pick your favorite just because that is human nature. Remember
that most of the parts you will buy, especially OEM, NOS, will have
come out of Housten because he has the old inventory. Ultimatly you
have the power of the wallet so it behooves the venders to please you.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "James LaLonde" <krfds@xxxx> wrote:
> [Moderators note: I'm not going to let this grow into another round
of vendor bashing so be warned, I'll be looking over the responses
rather carefully]