From: Walter Coe [mailto:Whalt@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 10:23 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] brake runout specs

Question 1: What is the maximum allowable brake runout on the rotors? I'm
almost to the point of putting the car back on the ground, but I've noticed
that both my new rear rotors appear to have around 1mm wobble inside the
calipers. This seems to be excessive to me, but I would like to know anyone
else's opinion.

Question 2: Will moderate rotor runout cause premature wear to the calipers?
Before I took the system apart, I had an annoying amount of steering wheel
shake as I applied the brakes.