Re: VIN TAGS was Car #501 (WAS: "Black" DeLoreans)

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> wrote:
> As I said in my previous message, my information on #501 may be
> incorrect.

Were the Vin Plates removed/Destroyed by the Factory(DMC)and if not
why were the vin plates(both) removed/destroyed in the first place?As
it is against the law to remove/tamper with the vin plates.Also if
the plates were removed,then THERE IS no way to prove that car is
truly Vin#501,as there is NO other type of I.D. on the vehicle
(ex:engine plate tranny plate ect.)that can prove that, that car is
truly vin#501.So in essence VIN #501 as it stands does not exist,for
purposes of leagle identifaction,As I bought a Delorean parts car
with one I.D. tag missing and in Connecticut it is a DOA Vehicle,as
you must have at least two Factory VIN tags(and with the Delorean
there are only two),so if one is missing/tampered,you have a
problem,if both are missing/removed you have a parts car only!!!
Also even if the Vin Tags(both)were put back on that car(vin.501) HOW
CAN you prove that they truly belonged on that Delorean,as THE only
thing that seperates one Delorean from another IS the Vin TAGS.And
how do we not know that they were not "switched" onto a "Better"
Delorean.And the real Vin#501,may have been/became a parts
car.Something to think about BEFORE tampering/removing your vin
plates,even if it is just to do a restoration on your Delorean.

Claude
Vin#000570