[DML] Re: "Black" DeLoreans

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Bob & Vicky Miller" <delo1@xxxx> wrote:

> hello all in reference to the black deloreans/ i have just
acquired
> #686. this car has several thing that make it different from the
later ones.
> the frame# is 265. the coating on the rear pontons is also a
different type.
> if any one has any extra information on this car please let me
know .thanx
> bob miller several vin #s

There is some intersting information about particular VINs in the DMC
production chronology available on the DMCNews web site. According to
DMC records, #686 was a DMC company car assigned to E. Cafiero.

>From the archives, it is interesting to note the number of early-VIN
cars that were used as DMC company cars as well as engineering cars
for key suppliers. If you have a low-VIN car, you might take a look
at the VIN list since there is a chance that your car was a DMC
company car.

The cars prior to about 560 appear to be mainly engineering cars
(with an occasional company car thrown in). It is likely that the DMC
warranty coverage starting at car 560 reflects the fact that the cars
prior to 560 were primarily engineering cars that DMC did not want to
incur warranty liability for.

Knut