TYRE WEAR SAGA

The tyre wear saga continues. In reference to my previous messages regarding excessive tyre wear, the auto technician advises that the camber needs adjusting, hence the excessive wear on the outer edge of the tyre (left-hand tyre). But according to the manual, the camber is fixed and cannot be adjusted. In addition, my 'D' sits at a height of 6" which is half an inch higher than that mentioned in then manual. Should the car be lowered to the correct height (5.5"), then the camber will be further effected.

One member on the list suggested that I have a full rear alignment done. This cannot be done as upper control arm has no adjustment? Should it have an eccentric bolt, then adjustment could be made. Would be grateful if anyone has the answer on how the camber can be adjusted.

Thank you.

Lance Haslewood
Australia